Anyone into Foo Fighters?

15 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I don't listen to the Foo Fighters much, not exactly sure why cuz I think they are pretty good, but I'm working on the song Everlong at the moment.

Are any of you Foo Fighter fans that might suggest a couple good songs of theirs. I've already checked out Monkey Wrench and Hero, but I'm looking for something different.

I heard I think one of their new songs the other day and liked it but didn't hear the name of it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

DOA and Best of you are both good. If you want them PM me your email and i'll send them to you.

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Chris

I like the Foo Fighters. I used to know a couple of their songs like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BieVgyrfglQ

There was another one I knew, can't remember right now. But I think they are pretty great. I like their recent hit, even if I don't know the name of it. Lots of chord changes in their songs.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Hey cnev, my wife and I are Foo Fighters fans. Check out "Times Like These." There is a tab here in the ESD. If you look on youtube, Justin Sandercoe does a good acoustic version and walks you through it pretty well.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

best of you works very well as a softer acoustic, like everlong does.

something to make it sound a bit different can help avoid it sounding monotonous as the radio destroyed it :(

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Love the Foos! Oh George from the first album, when stripped down and acoustic, is particularly beautiful (Not that it's not when plugged, just especially so when unplugged). Skin and Bones too. I'm hopefully going to get time to record a couple of things today, so I'll do you a little snippet of the way I play it if I do. :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Absolutely top class band - check out Long Road to Ruin, Cold Day In The Sun, All My Life, Overdrive, DOA, Everlong, Learn To Fly - and check out the Hyde Park DVD with a certain Brian May involved in the encore.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys I've got a few to work with now, seems DOA was mentioned by a few of you I'll take a listen to that.

Wes - Yea they do have a lot of chord changes at least in Everlong they do, but I bet I heard the same song your talking about but didn't catch the name either.

Alan - Brian May that name rings a bell I wonder who he is? Must be some guitarist from some obscure band I never heard of...Ha

I don't do acoustic so they will all have to be electric versions.

Thanks guys, it's pretty amazing Dave Grohl was JUSt a drummer in Nirvana now he's a guitar player, songer writer, singer etc and does it very well. Pretty talented guy I'd say.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Alan - Brian May that name rings a bell I wonder who he is? Must be some guitarist from some obscure band I never heard of...Ha

Cmonnnn, Chris. I can't believe that. You must be kidding !!!

Brian May - the world famous guitarist of the world famous band - Queen.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Thanks guys, it's pretty amazing Dave Grohl was JUSt a drummer in Nirvana now he's a guitar player, songer writer, singer etc and does it very well. Pretty talented guy I'd say.

Ever since the first Foo Fighters album, I've been thinking that Nirvana's internal dynamics might well have been a bit more than the oft-assumed KURT with a couple of backup guys. I suspect Grohl must have been a less obvious, but nonetheless powerful driving force. I also like his work with the Queens of the Stone Age.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Rahul, that was humor I know who Brian and Queen are...one of the best concerts I ever saw and one of my favorite bands

Greg - I'd have to agree with you about Nirvana hard to beleive Dave didn't have a much bigger role in the band behind the scenes and I am a fan of his stuff with Queens of the Stone Age although I thought he only did one album with them, but QOTSA basically as a revolving cast of memebers anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

They have their own tab site
http://www.fftabs.com/

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

The Foo Fighters are all-and-all my favourite band. If your looking for good songs besides singles, check out New way home, Have it all, Razor, On the Mend, deepest blues are black, and plenty others

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Actually, you read his biog and you find out he was a guitarist before he was a drummer.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Just watched the msg concert they have been airing-it is really good.love those sig guitars of his. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote